Thursday, October 2, 2008

Welcome Home Just After Dark


Another beautiful night in the treestand. I sat on that same field as the previous post, though I had moved the stand down about 75 yards to the west. My dad had sat in this stand last week and had 19 deer come out relatively early in the evening.

Tonight I had a slight breeze from the west which was perfect and it calmed down to a very quiet night near sunset. I patiently waited for some action, but for whatever reason, they started their movement really late. Almost "big buck" time for all the women and children to come out. There was a total of seven that hopped that west fence and came into the alfalfa, but about 75 yards away. One other deer came into the NW corner of the field where there is very little cover, but I couldn't see what it was.

In typical hunting story fashion, I pulled into the driveway on the four-wheeler just after dark only to be welcomed by seven deer standing within 10 yards of my front door.

A great night and a beautiful sunset.



Another trail cam photo from a couple weeks ago of a decent buck just off the river. I have had a few different looks at this deer. If he's 2 1/2 years, he's gonna be a good one in a year or two.

No comments: