Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Randomness 1.0


I know that bloggers all over the universe are writing about things much more astute and academic and meaningful and useful, but I couldn't pass this one up.

For three days, I have driven to work on County 14 in rural Goodhue County. And for three straight days I have seen this printer sitting on the shoulder of the road. A few thoughts about this:

  • It is nowhere near a home.
  • It didn't appear to crash out of someone's truck bed at high speeds
  • All the accessories are neatly placed next to it.

So my mind wanders...is this some sort of roadside memorial for a printer that was involved in a fatal crash at this location? Was someone working here in a wireless remote office setting and just went to town for coffee or more toner? Was it just placed here so someone like me would pull over, put it in reverse, take out the camera and subsequently blog about it?

1 comment:

Abbie said...

LOL! Thats awesome. I think the same way when I see random things on the side of the road. Love it.