Friday, June 20, 2008

Austin's Baseball Shoot




Had a great little shoot with my buddy Austin and his dad Craig on Wednesday night. We met last year and I did a little work for them from Austin's baseball season in 2008.

So we hooked up in Northfield on a beautiful evening and captured some great shots (after climbing the fence next to the locked gate). Austin played catch with his dad and I shot a bunch of sequences from different angles. I really love my Canon 40D and it's ability to shoot 6.5fps. Because we weren't shooting in a live game situation, the 70-200 2.8 lens stayed in the bag and I could shoot with my 24-70 2.8 instead. I also got some great shots with the 10-22mm wide angle. The brilliant blue sky with it's high clouds added some real drama to the shoot.

Ultimately, I am doing a composite design of Austin's pitching sequence. Something like the one I did for Cory from Stillwater last summer. Which I will post here when I get back to me other computer.

No comments: