Saturday, June 21, 2008

John+Betsey's Wedding

What a hot day! This was a great time in Northfield with John and Betsey! It was a super fun time with a great wedding party, in a beautiful setting celebrating a great couple's new life together. They have a bunch of photos in their gallery area on my website and of course on my Flickr photostream.

This was one of the more challenging days technically for me as a photographer. The sun was SOOO intense and seemed to be peering it's way into every photo. I did everything I could to find reflected, deflected, and ambient light and really made some great shots. I always feel under the gun when the couple is waiting on me to make this thing work. When the sun shines bright, use that amazing blue sky to your advantage! I had to use off camera fill light as much as possible too. Felt like I nailed a few of them, but spent most of my day looking around with John and Betsey in the corner of my eye. Usually it's the other way around...couple in focus, scouting location in the corner of my eye.

Regardless, we had a great time and the reception out at Gopher Hills Golf Course in Miesville, MN was a gorgeous little hideaway in the country.

Thanks to John and Betsey for a great time and to everyone for being patient and smiling at me all day long!! I can't wait to hook up with these guys for a little Trash the Dress session soon.


No comments: