Monday, July 23, 2007

Airplane Ride


What a long day!! A big day too! Mommy, Daddy and I left the house about 4AM and were on the plane to DC at 6:10AM. Here is a photo of me on my first plane ride and I did such a great job. My ears didn't bother me at all. In fact, I slept most of the way. I did have a diaper for the record books that mommy tried to change in the bathroom during some really bad turbulence. Even the flight attendants were supposed to be seated and there we were...in the bathroom with a really, really great diaper change. Mommy should get some sort of recognition for taking care of that one!

We got to DC, took a cab to the hotel, checked in and took off on the subway for Capitol Hill. We got a tour of the capitol which was really neat. Then we walked around the mall. Not the mall that mommy usually takes me to!!

We spent a couple hours in the National Gallery of Art which was really great. That's what they tell me as I slept for most of this warm, muggy afternoon. We stopped and ate at a Meditarranean restaurant and then hit the hay.

It was a great day and again, I can't believe how much I have seen in my 15 weeks. Being in DC has really made me think about our country a lot. In fact, I have been working on saying a couple names of states...I am pretty good at OH-HI-OH and I-OH-AH. Daddy has been working hard to get me to say Mississippi too. It's just so much easier to type it on my blog!!

No comments: